Our Boy

Our Boy
In California

Followers

Saturday, June 25, 2011

I'm Sleeping Where??

So normally when I visit Alexander I get to stay in the guest apartment. Now my first time there I was a little discouraged because the walls were dirty, there was no heat or air, the shower was as soon as you open the front door and it wasn't in a bathroom, just right there in the entrance way! Ok, weird, but I have never been to California, maybe their designs are just different than ours. I should not have complained!!!
The next trip when I arrive in California I am curious when they tell me that I am sleeping at the "16 bed"? Now please keep in mind, I am not a flyer. I get massive stomach aches a week before I even know I have to fly, yet alone when I am on the plane. Going from Ohio to California requires basically two three and a half hour flights - yay for me.
One of the social workers at Alexanders facility explains to me that the 16 bed is the old hospital that they used before they built the new one. Ok, can't be that bad I am thinking, maybe they transformed it into apartments or something. Either case my stomach hurts and I just want to go to this 16 bed so that I can put down my luggage and use the bathroom. She gives me the key to the hospital and then another key to my room. I should have known there was trouble when I have to get a key to a hospital! Now if I can find and figure out how to upload the photos I will, but when I tell you this was an abandoned old hospital I mean just that, an abandoned old hospital. First off the main doors didn't lock, so I am not sure why she gave me a key. Second there were old hosp beds in the hallway, complete with old equip, tons of dust, and just spookiness, need I say more? I go into my room which thank you Jesus has a lock on it, and immediately went to the bathroom. It was filthy and honestly, I could wait no more! I proceed to use the restroom (and please remember I have a horrible stomach ache and have had one since I left home), finish my business and YES, you guessed it - no toilet paper! Oh my goodness, are you kidding me? There were also no paper towels. So here I am sitting with nothing and this time I have traveled alone so it isn't like I can yell for someone to help me! Not going to tell you how I managed to clean myself after this, but I am sure you can come up with some cleaver ideas! If this is how my trip is starting, what the heck is next?.......

No comments: